Cyril, Anthea, Jane, Robert and the baby move from London to the country for the summer with their parents. One day the four older children find a fairy while they are playing in the sand near the house. The sand fairy is ‘It’ in the title of the story. It’s very old and it isn’t very friendly. The children ask it to give them wishes. It agrees, but says they can have only one wish a day. The children make wishes without thinking and sometimes the results are a surprise. Read about the children’s magical adventures with It and find out how they learn from their mistakes.
Recording in British English.
- Series: Helbling Readers Red Series, Helbling Readers Red Series Classics, Level 1
- Adapter: Jennifer Gascoigne
- Illustrator: Viola Niccolai
- School Type: Middle School
- Language Level: CEFR A1
- Components: Reader, Audio CD, e-zone resources