Long ago in Japan, an old man and woman find a baby boy in a peach. They call the baby Momotaro, which means 'peach boy' in Japanese. The years pass and Momotaro grows up. One day he takes his sword and goes off to fight the ogres who are taking the people's treasure. Who can help Momotaro find the ogres' island'? And what happens when he arrives there? Find out in one of the most famous Japanese folktales.
Recording in British English.
Plus, on Helbling e-zone:
- Flashcards Guide
- Big Books Guide
- How to Help Your Child Read in English
- Free online worksheets with Cambridge Young Learners exam practice
- Series: Helbling Young Readers, Helbling Young Readers Classics, Level C
- Adapter: Richard Northcott
- Illustrator: Ely Nagaoka
- School Type: Primary School
- Language Level: Cambridge Pre-A1 Starters
- Components: Reader, CD-ROM/Audio CD